i need help removing internet explorer

By ravenjy
Sep 3, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. my internet explorer is messed up so i wanna remove it completely and reinstall it. but how do i remove it? theres nothing in the add/ remove section in the control panel about internet explorer. im using win xp. thanks in advance.
  2. StormBringer

StormBringer Newcomer, in training Posts: 2,871

There is a program called XPLite that will allow you to remove it. By default, XP does not allow IE to be removed, it is considered to be a "core" component.
  3. xcks

xcks Newcomer, in training

Repairing Internet Explorer

Repair Internet Explorer
    Internet Explorer can just become corrupt in itself. Maybe a missing file, maybe a virus, ... here's how to Repair Internet Explorer. This is rather easy to do but can take some time to do. If you are using Windows XP do the following:
    1. Click start, run
    2. Type sfc /scannow and then click ok
    If you are using Windows 2000, 98, 98se, 95, 95b
    1. Click Start, Settings, Control Panel, and then double-click Add/Remove Programs.
    2. On the Install/Uninstall tab, click Microsoft Internet Explorer 5,
    3. click Add/Remove, click Repair the current installation of Internet Explorer, and then click OK.
  4. xcks

xcks Newcomer, in training

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.