I need help...what am i doing wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

-Nick-

hey everybody,

first post here so be helpful lol

ok well i just got a new rig for xmas:
core 2 duo e6300, asrock 775 dual-VSTA, geil pc6400 ddr2 2x1gb, corsair 520W psu, western digital 320gb sata, nvidia 6200 agp (replacing it at the end of next the month hopefully).

i am having a constant problem in which the computer constantly restarts itself randomly or else the screen turn off and comes up no signal. this happens everytime i am in game and randomly when i am just on the net. the screen also turns off and comes up no signal when i boot up just before it the welcome screen comes up (i can see the mouse cursor for like a sec then the screen goes out)

i have noticed that the computer will stay on for hours if it is idle but if i am doing alot it will barely last 20 mins. i have checked temps and they are fine (using intel TAT). i find i can run the computer fine as long as i am only running windows programs (eg. internet explorer, windows messenger, office) but if i use msn messenger and opera web browser it tends to happen quicker.

i have the same error everytime: systems error - category (102) - event ID 1003

also the computer is very slow and laggy being that it is a core 2 duo.

please reply asap

cheers Nick

Welcome to techspot ! ;)

Looks like you are having trouble with your software i.e. OS and apps
as your pc could stay up when idle..

I suggest you to google this trouble as you're in hurry and also look at your event viewer & minidumps. Assuming your error aren't those BSOD, most probably event viewer would show the error details. Programs incompatibility, virus, bugs, and conflict also could lead to this.
however if the troubles are really on the SW, i greatly recommend you to move this thread to "windows os" thread so that it's relevant and more hands will help you quickly.

nismo91 said:
Welcome to techspot ! ;)

Looks like you are having trouble with your software i.e. OS and apps
as your pc could stay up when idle..

I suggest you to google this trouble as you're in hurry and also look at your event viewer & minidumps. Assuming your error aren't those BSOD, most probably event viewer would show the error details. Programs incompatibility, virus, bugs, and conflict also could lead to this.
however if the troubles are really on the SW, i greatly recommend you to move this thread to "windows os" thread so that it's relevant and more hands will help you quickly.

thanks man, oh sorry i thought this could be a hardware fault.
what's minidumps? and what's BSOD. is there any sort of test i could do to check this?

Click on the link in my signature for random crashes. There is a detailed troubleshooting guide to help you find what is causing your crashes.

Hopefully it is just a driver issue, but the other two main suspects are ram and PSU. Good luck!

thanks alot will try everything in that guide....lets hope it works

this came up in the windows help bit:

Details
Product: Windows Operating System
Event ID: 1003
Source: System Error
Version: 5.2
Symbolic Name: ER_KRNLCRASH_LOG
Message: Error code %1, parameter1 %2, parameter2 %3, parameter3 %4, parameter4 %5.

Explanation
A blue screen (Stop error) was reported. The message contains details about the error. A matching event with Event ID 1001 might also appear in the event log. This matching event displays information about the specific error that occurred.

User Action
No user action is required.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Related Knowledge Base articles
You can find additional information on this topic in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base articles:
• You receive a "STOP: 0x000000D5" error message when you close an IP Phone connection on a Windows XP Service Pack 2-based Toshiba computer or on a Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005-based Tablet PC
Discusses the problem where you receive a Stop error "0x000000D5" when you try to disconnect an IP Phone on a Toshiba computer that is running Windows XP SP2.
• Command AntiVirus version 4.62.4 causes an error message on a blue screen in Windows XP Service Pack 2
Describes an issue where you receive an error message on a blue screen when you restart your computer after installing Command AntiVirus version 4.62.4 in Windows XP SP2.
• "Stop 0x000000A5 the ACPI BIOS in the system is not fully compliant with the ACPI specification" error message when the computer resumes from hibernation
You may experience any one of the following symptoms: Your computer automatically restarts. After you log on, you receive the following error message: Microsoft Windows The system has recovered from a serious error. A log of this error has been...
• A diagnostic program may immediately close and you may receive a "STOP 0x00000050" or "STOP 0x0000000A" error message in Windows Server 2003, Windows 2000, or Windows XP
Describes a problem that may occur if a computer is infected with a variant of the Sdbot virus.
• The HaxDoor virus may cause a "STOP 0x00000050" or "STOP 0x0000008e" error message
Explains that the HaxDoor virus may generate a Stop error message or restart your computer in Windows Server 2003, Windows 2000, or Windows XP. You can manually remove the variant of the HaxDoor virus to resolve this issue.
• Error Message: STOP 0x00000050 (0xffffffe0, 0x00000001, 0xf30da010, 0x00000000) PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
You may experience any of the following symptoms: Your computer automatically restarts. After you log on, you receive the following error message: Microsoft Windows The system has recovered from a serious error. A log of this error has been...
• Windows XP Clients Cannot Connect to a Windows 2000 Terminal Services Server
When you try to connect from a Windows XP-based client to a Windows 2000-based Terminal Services server, the connection may not succeed and you may receive the following error message: Because of a security error, the client could not connect to...
• You receive a "STOP: 0x000000E3" error message when you safely remove an encrypted USB storage device from a computer that is running Windows XP Service Pack 2
Fixes a problem that may occur when you safely remove certain models of encrypted USB storage devices from Windows XP Service Pack 2-based computer. Provides a hotfix to resolve the problem.

Is your computer a pre built from Dell or HP or some other manufacturer or was it a build it yourself?? If it was premanufactured, there should be a recovery program with it. I would run the program since there appears to be an error with the Windows kernal. This is an operating system error. By doing a restore, it should fix the problem.

i built it myself

windows has told me it is a problem with my video card

Almost certainly either a memory error, or a video card failure, and the NVidia you have is famous for it. Windows sort of confirms it. Test by trying another borrowed video card of any brand. If the error remains, trade out the memory.
If you run MemTest86 for at least four hours, or overnight, you will confirm or rule out that part of the problem.

well i ran memtest before for like 2 hours and got nothing, i will do it again overnight and confirm that with you tomorrow
i was intending to get a new grahpics card this month (XFX 7950GT XXX 512mb) but i think i neew a new mobo to run that so will have to wait until i get another 100 quid
would an old pci graphics card be ok to test or could i not use it?

Any old graphics card should be fine as a test, but for a full test, you will also need the drivers for it.

You could use a PCI graphics card, you can also use a PCIe graphics card, so you don't need a new motherboard. That board limits its PCIe to 4x rather than 16x as a tradeoff for supporting 8x AGP.

Have you tried different video drivers? Is your RAM in Flexibility mode in the BIOS? If not set it to that for a while.

SNGX1275 said:
You could use a PCI graphics card, you can also use a PCIe graphics card, so you don't need a new motherboard. That board limits its PCIe to 4x rather than 16x as a tradeoff for supporting 8x AGP.

Have you tried different video drivers? Is your RAM in Flexibility mode in the BIOS? If not set it to that for a while.

I never understood the point of adding in an AGP 8X slot, while reducing the bandwidth of the PCI-Express Slot :suspiciou ?

i only got this mobo as temp as it was a cheap board with ddr2 and agp and support c2d

i think i will get a nice gigabyte ds4...what you think?

running memtest atm been going for 50 mins now errors so far and 1 pass...how long will it take to finish?

will keep yous updated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back