I need help with an x8e stop error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

matchboxmatt

I've been searching across the internet about how to resolve these constantly repetitive BSODs, branded with the STOP error 0x0000008e (0xC0000005, variable, variable, 0x00000000).

I don't know exactly what started triggering it, but I've seen about 5 or 6 today, and a few more times yesterday.

It seems to occur whenever I have Trillian (IM Program), iTunes, and MapleStory (game) running simultaneously for a while. My little brother also says that it crashes occasionally when he shuts down the computer.

I've updated my BIOS and Graphics Drivers, uninstalled Nero (which I initially thought caused it), ran an HDD scan, ran the Windows Memory Diagnostic (came out clean), shuffled through two Registry Cleaners, used CCleaner, and I still seem to get the error. It's now come to the point where the crashes have erased some of my data (Fire Fox's links, history, etc.).

I installed the Support Tools off the Windows xp disc and checked the last dump, but I can't determine what caused it.

If any of you can help me out, I'd appreciate it.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

It`s difficult to be sure from only one minidump, but for reference only. Your minidumps crashes at khips.sys. This is part of your Kerio firewall drivers.

Maybe upgrading to the latest version of Kerio, or uninstalling Kerio and trying a different firewall may help.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Before I uninstall Kerio, I have one more minidump (several of them accumulated and rewrote eachother before I realized I would need them).

By the way, how exactly did you determine it was Kerio?

I'm sure you used google for that. =P

What I'm not sure of is where you saw it in the dump. When I looked through the minidump logs, I couldn't find khips.sys anywhere; but that may be because I can't scroll left and right.

Thanks for helping me out, by the way.

Here is part of the output of your last minidump.

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, b63c9ae5, b549fb54, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for khips.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for khips.sys
Probably caused by : khips.sys ( khips+1bbc )

Followup: MachineOwner

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back