TechSpot

I need help with my disc rewriteable

By jusbcuzkat
Mar 25, 2008
  1. Hi my name is kathy and I own a emachine w2260 I recently had my compurter gone threw at compurter shop When I took my compurter in every thing worked it was just running real slow. After I got it back now my compact disc rewriteable does not work. Every time I put a disc into it the machine it ejects it back out. does any body know how I can fix it. my husband thinks when the shop took every thing out that they did not load it back in. If that is so do you know where I can get the down load software so I can down load what needs to be so my unit will work. I thank you so much for your time. o one more thing is when you push the open door on it that it does open and close it just wont play my disc it ejects it back out again thanks to to any one who might be able to help me solve my issue or have any ideas.

2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

Faulty disc drive.
    Can be the narrow cover not sitting right (on the tray that comes out)

But this sounds definately like a hardware fault (not software) with the CD/DVD drive

3. mopar man

mopar man TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,379

Hello, jusbcuzkat, and Welcome to Techspot.

kimsland is right, it is a hardware fault. It may or may not be the cover, as she stated. Try this, just in case something is wacked out:

Unplug computer.
    Take off the side (most likely held by screws).
    look inside. DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING
    make sure that there are 2 things going from the drive. There should be one with a white end and multi colored cord, then a longer, narrow cord.
    Put the case back together. If they were both not there, take it back and force them to fix it for free. If they are both there, then that is not the problem. ;)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.