I need immediate help, please. I have a "Bad Image" error message

By Dingo6186
Dec 16, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey, my first post here and immediate help is needed please. I woke up this morning and my system has an error message that says :

lsass.exe - Bad Image

The application or Dll C:\Windows\system32\lsasrv.dll is not a valid windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette.

I get this when trying to boot windows in any form. I can't get into safe mode or any other mode. I know of the sasser virus, but I thought it was Isass... not lsass...and I've already downloaded the patch for that. Either way should I just follow the methods in the top of this forum that tells how to fix windows when windows doesn't boot, or do you guys have other suggestions? I am on a school computer now and will not be here for long. so immediate help is needed (not to mention its finals week and I desperately need my computer). Thanks in advance to anyone who helps
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso Newcomer, in training Posts: 25,948   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I would reccomend you to follow the instructions in the thread you mentioned and hopefully this will solve your problem.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
  3. Dingo6186

Dingo6186 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

thanks

Thank you for replying. When I get home tonight, I will try the soultion given in the previous thread. Hopefully I'll be posting from my own computer tonight thanking that guy for his help.
  4. ynoguchi

ynoguchi Newcomer, in training

What happened to your problem afterwards? I updated my PC to XP Service Pack 2, and I got exactly the same message as you after SP2 was installed. I am curious to see how you fixed your problem. Thanks.
  5. justamailman

justamailman Newcomer, in training

after xp2 too

did you get it fixed, i have the same problem just after installing xp2 but the lady was able to open normally once, please let me know?
  6. justamailman

justamailman Newcomer, in training

7. DCrowson

DCrowson Newcomer, in training

i have the same problem, need to know how its fixed. please help
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.