TechSpot

I need more ram =/

By MannyB
Oct 18, 2004
  1. Hey everybody im new here, great site, i just have a question , i know a lil about computers, well right now im runing 512mb ddr sdram, on a 2.4ghtz my mods are on my profile.

Can i buy an extra 512mb ddr sdram so i can push 1024 and not run into problems i am currently running windows xp

Ive downloaded aida32 and these are the readings im getting

Physical Memory

Total 510
    Used 341
    Free 169
    Utilization 67%

Swap Space

Total 1248
    Used 451
    free 796
    utilization 36%

2. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 8,165

Welcome to TechSpot

Go ahead and buy that extra stick. Make sure it is of exactly the same type and preferably of the same manufacturer. Use an antistatic wristband or earth yourself before you put it in (press down properly).

3. MannyB

MannyB Topic Starter

Thanks alot man, i think my computer might run a lil much better, yea i see it has the pc2700 ddr sdram , and the brand name is buffalo, im looking at some websites, looks like they never heard of this crap before, must be some ebay stuff lol,

They got a special deal on ultra , idk if i should go for that or premium or maybe k-byte any ideas?

4. MannyB

MannyB Topic Starter

Kingston 512MB PC2700 DDR DIMM Memory

that looks good...

what does clocking mean?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.