I need the right drivers for the ATI Radeon IGP 345M

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArmyofKirb

I'm having trouble finding the proper drivers for my Compaq Presario 2545US notebook. I have gone to ATI's website and I downloaded the 5.10 catalyst drivers (for Radeon products) but the install program doesn't seem to recognize my display adapter and quits.
I thought it might be that I need to install the Mobile ATI product drivers, but ATI has a list of notebook manufacturers that the drivers are designed for but HP/Compaq isn't on it. Any suggestions?

Hi everyone - My sympathies for your current hardware/software issues. I too have lived the nightmare of trying to find those certain magical drivers that would solve all the issues with the ATI Radeon 345m in my laptop (Sony Vaio PCG-K25, Windows XP).

Even after doing a complete format and restore (more than once), and using the original drivers that came with my laptop, graphics were displaying with missing areas/gaps/gashes and sometimes weird video patterns. In addition, the drivers were totally non-responsive to gamma adjustments.

DirectX didn't help either, nor Windows updates, etc. So, I then tried many versions of many drivers, (including actual ATI drivers force-installed using Patje's Modtool and alternative drivers like Omega and zeroPoint) but was still having problems - some drivers would correct some issues, while not correcting others.

With some versions I tried, the standard graphics issue would be fixed and I could adjust gamma, but 3D graphics would be extremely jagged (due to Direct3d being unavailable for some reason) and/or gamma adjustments would be reset when I would exit 3D mode.

FINALLY and unbelievably, I found an oasis in the desert of ATI driver dispair, a set of drivers that corrected ALL of the issues! And it was (que the fanfare): version 2.6.25a of the Omega drivers! The trick was finding the exact version that solved all the issues I was having and luckily, there was one. It just took having to download and install all the versions, up to the latest one that worked (glad I have broadband)!

So, hopefully if you're having this or a similar problem this will help, because I'm all too familiar with the frustration. Good luck!

Here are the links:

Omega Drivers Multiple Versions Download Page (scroll down to find version 2.6.25a): http://www.ngohq.com/home.php?page=Files&go=cat&dwn_cat_id=14

http://www.omegadrivers.net/

Omega Drivers Multiple Versions

Many thanks indeed doni83 for posting such an immersive information. The people who're experiencing such problems would definitely get their requisite output.

Cheers...

I agree rik. Their VAIO line is especially crappy. Sony seem to think that expensive products mean better quality and looking at the horrendously unaffordable prices of the PS3, this view seems to be reinforced.

i need help badly. i'm trying to play this stupid game star wars: knight of the old republic II. i can't though becuase the configuration testing says i didn't meet the right requirment. First i have Radeon IGP 345m 64mb, but the config says i need 32mb opengl 1.4 compatible pci or AGP 3d hardware accelarator . Second: it says i need non-windowns generic openGL 1.4 drivers and i have ATI tech INC 1.3 winxp release.

does anyone know what i need to do to solve this dam problem?

ATI Radeon IGP 345M for PES 2008

Hi all,
I am seeking (and getting, thanks to this forum!) help with an old laptop (Compaq nx9010). I am trying to run the Pro-Evolution Soccer 2008 football game. The install worked OK but the error message I get when i launch the game tells me that the machine does not have adequate hardware spec and mentions Vertex/Pixel shader v1.x.

From doni83 post, I can see that version 2.6.25a of the Omega drivers did the trick for some graphics issues. I wondered if it’s better at this stage to accept the inevitable, as I might create some new problems for myself in going down this route? Perhaps someone in the community has tried this?

The machine is running XP pro, SP2, and has half a Gb of RAM.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards

Fergal

same problem

fcarton said:
Hi all,
I am seeking (and getting, thanks to this forum!) help with an old laptop (Compaq nx9010). I am trying to run the Pro-Evolution Soccer 2008 football game. The install worked OK but the error message I get when i launch the game tells me that the machine does not have adequate hardware spec and mentions Vertex/Pixel shader v1.x.

From doni83 post, I can see that version 2.6.25a of the Omega drivers did the trick for some graphics issues. I wondered if it’s better at this stage to accept the inevitable, as I might create some new problems for myself in going down this route? Perhaps someone in the community has tried this?

The machine is running XP pro, SP2, and has half a Gb of RAM.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards

Fergal

hey
i know this thread is pretty ancient but im having the same trouble as fergal...
same graphics card , on a sony vaio.. trying to play pes 2008 but the vertex/pixel shader 1.x warning pops up then it brings up an error report and i have to shut it down.

i have been down the road of updating the drivers... no luck.... ive done all sorts of changes to my screen resolution etc.. no luck... so this is my last hope? or im just gunna sell the damn game!!

ive read doni83 reply and have been down this route, but as im not as technically gifed as most of you guys im not too sure what to do with the info.. i downloaded the 2.6.25a driver thing, but to be honest, didnt know what to do with it after that....so any help there would be great.

any other sort of help would also be good! think the games gunna find itself on ebay soon tho!

ta very mcuh
partridr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back