TechSpot

I need to convert CSS sensitivities between resolutions, is there maybe a formula?

By hellokitty[hk]
Jan 29, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My friends and I are planning some CSS LAN parties, sadly, the computers in question lack good graphics cards, AND the monitors are CRT, not even good CRT’s but alas, can’t be helped.

I need to turn down graphics, specifically resolution as I have just compiled some low graphics CFG’s with my own, but I still need to change the resolution, affecting my sensitivity...is there a way I can convert my sensitivity to the needed sensitivity?

At home, I use a 24” 1920 x 1200 monitor with a 2000 DPI mouse and .9 sensitivity, CPL mouse fix no vsync ect…I want to go to a 1024 x 768 CRT and a 400 DPI mouse, again with all the mouse tweaks. I have looked at antigens mouse optimization guide, there were two formulas, but none converted between resolutions.

Also if there was a way to convert CSS sensitivity to 1.6 sensitivity, that would be great if we end up playing 1.6 for smoother play.

BTW, this is an approximation, but I think I use about 6 inches per 180, if no one has a solution I could just spend probably spend a few minutes with a ruler.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.