I need your BUYING HElP, ON MY MOBO anD PSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

akaivan

Heres two things i think are the best for there prices and ratings. Th reason i need the mobo is because i think my old 1 is burnt out because it wont reset the cmos jumper corectly and it restarts when i try to change the screen res. And besides it cant run my new ram i got for it.. And i need a new psu So it can take my new upgrade for the new ram, mobo. and another video card i got sittin around.. My current power supply isonly 245 watt.lol.. HErES THE links

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813153038

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817153023

I need HELP BY 2 night because i dont want the rebate expire. THANKS FOR LOOKIN =)

what is your current setup?

i'd stay away from those jetway boards, though. i reccomend a name brand product such as asus or gigabyte.

umm you can look in my profile. jetway is a name brand i think , lol they have good ratings

Mobo And Psu

Well, lets see i'm 15 years old, but i do know what i'm talking about when it comes to computers. My current setup is in my sig. I suggest you go with an ASUS P4C800-E DELUXE, they are amazing overclockers. I'd slap on a 3.2 or 3.4 if you are lucky you can get a 3.4 ghz 478 Prescott CPU. When it comes to a PSU it is very important. Actually i used to have exactly a Thermaltake 430watt powersupply and it burned out after 2 months. I suggest you got with OCZ the Powerstream line, or the Antec TruPower 480w. You can also get a cheaper one but make sure the +12volt rail has at least 20amps. Mine is an OCZ Powerstream 600w with two 12v rails, totaling 35amps. Do not go lower than 20amps, because you risk damaging your cpu or video card.
Video card if you want, i suggest getting a geforce 7800 gs for gaming. CHEERS :grinthumb

personally I don't recommend Asus at all. I've had bad experience with them and they're very picky in general about what components they'll use like RAM.

I have owned two MSI boards and both were excellent.

ok since Tedster and crossfire both like the msi board. Ill go with that.. ANd THe psu has great ratings and has a rebate so ill go with that.. ANy other suggestions? Hopefully ill order tonight. And ll tell yall when i get it.

For that board, MSI's website says:

• Supports Intel® Pentium 4 / Prescott (Socket 478) processor.
• FSB@800/533MHz
• Supports Intel P4 Prescott CPU up to 3.4GHz above, and intel P4 Prescott Celeron CPU

DonNagual said:
For that board, MSI's website says:

• Supports Intel® Pentium 4 / Prescott (Socket 478) processor.
• FSB@800/533MHz
• Supports Intel P4 Prescott CPU up to 3.4GHz above, and intel P4 Prescott Celeron CPU

SO it wouldnt support mine? MY NORTHWOOD?!? Please, im not so good at this lol..

It looks like there are 4 different Pentium4 2.4Ghz Northwood socket 478 cpus.

There is a 400Mhz, a 533Mhz and a 800Mhz version. Which one is yours?

at 400 mhz, running at 1.8 ghz so i can run my new ram.. My new ram is incompatible with my mobo but it rus fine if i set it to 1.8

its a great psu 20 amps on the 12v rail. nice rebate. NICEEEEEEEEEEE, all reviews are 5star, must be a great psu, i have a OCZ Powerstream 600w, with dual rails, it is also amazing, u get what u pay for, but u definately got something amazing and cheap, lucky you

haha yea , its still available maybe some of yall should get it...Its only 9$plus shipping...

OK GUYS i ALSO wanted to metion i also ordered the msi bored crossefire mentioned...I just spent liek 75$....hehe... so my new system specs will bee

2.4 p4
768 mb ram
120 gig hd
pci radeon 9200 128 mb.

Alot better than beforee... its still not that average pc dat we have today but good enuff 4 me..

What do yall think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back