I need your BUYING HElP, ON MY MOBO anD PSU.

By akaivan
Jun 15, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heres two things i think are the best for there prices and ratings. Th reason i need the mobo is because i think my old 1 is burnt out because it wont reset the cmos jumper corectly and it restarts when i try to change the screen res. And besides it cant run my new ram i got for it.. And i need a new psu So it can take my new upgrade for the new ram, mobo. and another video card i got sittin around.. My current power supply isonly 245 watt.lol.. HErES THE links

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813153038

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817153023

I need HELP BY 2 night because i dont want the rebate expire. THANKS FOR LOOKIN =)
  2. zephead

zephead TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,483

what is your current setup?

i'd stay away from those jetway boards, though. i reccomend a name brand product such as asus or gigabyte.
  3. akaivan

akaivan TechSpot Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 620

umm you can look in my profile. jetway is a name brand i think , lol they have good ratings
  4. CrossFire851

CrossFire851 Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,058

5. NFSFAN

NFSFAN Newcomer, in training Posts: 340

Mobo And Psu

Well, lets see i'm 15 years old, but i do know what i'm talking about when it comes to computers. My current setup is in my sig. I suggest you go with an ASUS P4C800-E DELUXE, they are amazing overclockers. I'd slap on a 3.2 or 3.4 if you are lucky you can get a 3.4 ghz 478 Prescott CPU. When it comes to a PSU it is very important. Actually i used to have exactly a Thermaltake 430watt powersupply and it burned out after 2 months. I suggest you got with OCZ the Powerstream line, or the Antec TruPower 480w. You can also get a cheaper one but make sure the +12volt rail has at least 20amps. Mine is an OCZ Powerstream 600w with two 12v rails, totaling 35amps. Do not go lower than 20amps, because you risk damaging your cpu or video card.
    Video card if you want, i suggest getting a geforce 7800 gs for gaming. CHEERS :grinthumb
  6. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

personally I don't recommend Asus at all. I've had bad experience with them and they're very picky in general about what components they'll use like RAM.

I have owned two MSI boards and both were excellent.
  7. akaivan

ok since Tedster and crossfire both like the msi board. Ill go with that.. ANd THe psu has great ratings and has a rebate so ill go with that.. ANy other suggestions? Hopefully ill order tonight. And ll tell yall when i get it.
  8. akaivan

1 more question, will my cpu work with the mobo?

intel p4
    northwood
    socket 478
    2.4 ghz

If you need more info on my cpu tell me i got cpu-z
  9. DonNagual

DonNagual TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 3,566

For that board, MSI's website says:

• Supports Intel® Pentium 4 / Prescott (Socket 478) processor.
    • FSB@800/533MHz
    • Supports Intel P4 Prescott CPU up to 3.4GHz above, and intel P4 Prescott Celeron CPU
  10. akaivan

SO it wouldnt support mine? MY NORTHWOOD?!? Please, im not so good at this lol..
  11. DonNagual

It looks like there are 4 different Pentium4 2.4Ghz Northwood socket 478 cpus.

There is a 400Mhz, a 533Mhz and a 800Mhz version. Which one is yours?

12. akaivan

I think it said both the 400 and 533 like 400/533. Can that be possible?
  13. DonNagual

What is your FSB set at now?
  14. akaivan

at 400 mhz, running at 1.8 ghz so i can run my new ram.. My new ram is incompatible with my mobo but it rus fine if i set it to 1.8
  15. EvilFallenAngel

EvilFallenAngel Newcomer, in training Posts: 73

MSI boards do rock including video cards. I currently have MSI Diamond Plus and MSI 7800GT great.
  16. NFSFAN

yeah go with MSI, don't worry i did some research the board supports ur cpu
  17. 0009

0009 Newcomer, in training Posts: 80

its been a while since hes posted, i guess he hasnt got the stuff yet?
  18. akaivan

SORRY< ive been gone...hopefully i will bye in tha next cuple days...
  19. akaivan

20. NFSFAN

its a great psu 20 amps on the 12v rail. nice rebate. NICEEEEEEEEEEE, all reviews are 5star, must be a great psu, i have a OCZ Powerstream 600w, with dual rails, it is also amazing, u get what u pay for, but u definately got something amazing and cheap, lucky you
  21. akaivan

haha yea , its still available maybe some of yall should get it...Its only 9$plus shipping...
  22. akaivan

OK GUYS i ALSO wanted to metion i also ordered the msi bored crossefire mentioned...I just spent liek 75$....hehe... so my new system specs will bee

2.4 p4
    768 mb ram
    120 gig hd
    pci radeon 9200 128 mb.

Alot better than beforee... its still not that average pc dat we have today but good enuff 4 me..

What do yall think
  23. wolfram

wolfram TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,605   +9

You could upgrade your video card later. If wanna go really cheap, this one should be better:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814143058

It`s still a 64 bit card, but should be better than your 9200. Anyway, the best option would be an AGP card or PCI-E one.
    Does your mobo have one of these slots?
  24. akaivan

yea maybe, after i sell my current pci card..
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.