I/O device error

Status
Not open for further replies.

signofzeta

I tried to copy a file from a DVD to my hard drive, and I had this error stated in the title.

I tried to go to microsoft support or whatever it is called, and their advice didn't work. For some reason, it just doesn't work for just this DVD. It works for the other DVDs.

Now, where can I find any info on which driver, (primary or secondary), which of the 3 primary or secondary, (total of 6 (3 primary, 3 secondary)), and which device (0 or 1) is my DVD drive connected to?

Maybe I should have changed my title to "How do I know where my DVD drive is connected to? Primary? Secondary? Which Secondary out of the 3? Device 0 or 1?"

Your DVD drive should be connected to Secondary 0 if you only have 1 optical drive.

You can find out by taking the side of your case off and looking at the cables that go from the HDD's/DVD to the motherboard, HDD's are supposed be connected to Primary.

Also, when you start your pc, it will tell you at the POST screen or you can go into your BIOS and look at the devices, there should be a section called something like PnP Devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back