I really am in a pickle :p!

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Warhead

I need help choosing a new video card!

Okay guys im really... really stumped..

I was wondering if i should i upgrade my internal hardware.. I'm looking mainly for a new video card because mine is kinda old and i wanna play BF2 on the highest settings..
I was looking at the x850 XT PE or the All in wonder X800, Which would be more worth it.. I only have about 400$ maybe a little over to spend..

Or should i get some Nvidia card that you guys can think of.. remember i can only spend 400$ and a little over, Maybe if im lucky i might be able to spend 450$..

MY specs now..

3.0ghz intel
1gb ram
Geforce 5500 FX OC
74GB Harddrive
No soundcard
2 CD ROM 56x drives :D.

Can you guys also help me with this problem.. Right now im on my dads computer and my Computer is busted right now..

I just got a new processor because mine fried out. So i put the processor in and my computer still dosen't start up!!!

But before that i bought a new mainboard and put it in with my old processor and it didn't work.
Now I am thinking that my processor was never fried and something else was wrong.. Im gonna try putting the new mainboard in with the new processor and see if that works.. Right now ATM When i plug the power cord in the Red light on the front of my computer stays on... All the Cords are where they are supposed to be its just not turning on..

Anyways guys please answer both questions if you can :D thanks!

I've been looking and i can't get a nvidia 7800 because then i will need a new CPU and mother board so thats to much to deal with :S! Any suggestions

It would be better to list the brands and models of your components instead of just the generic specs only. That said, did you connect the second power connector to your new motherboard, the 2X2 white 12V ATX connector?

Yes i have connected the 12v cord to my mainboard, Still nothin.

Im gonna go put the new board and the new processor together and see if they work.

Honestly? As you mentioned this is specifically for BF2...

I'd dump $$ into another gig of ram FIRST, then whatever you have left over cashwise, get either an NVidia or ATI card of your choice.

BF2 is a absolute memory hog and the source of most performance issues than anything else. It plays fairly well with 1.5-2gig though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back