TechSpot

I really hate computers

By OhNoNotAgain
Sep 19, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Come on, fess up......how many have said this at last several times while 'playing on these machines'?

I guess I would classify myself somewhere between beyond intermediate and journeyman when it comes to computers. I've been 100% self taught and have been playing with these contraptions since DOS and 3.1 or 3.11 (Workgroups?).

Somewhere in my background I was an electronic manufacturing engineer in the defense industry - started out on the assembly line and worked my way up to the point where I found myself managing the Operations Engineering Department for General Dynamics Electronics Division. Believe me, engineering is a helluva lot more fun than supervision and/or management.

My computer is home built and has developed into a bit of a kluge..... ABIT KR7A Raid motherboard with an AMD 1800+Processor and 2 GB of Crucial Ram, USB 2.0 add-on card, Sata add-on card, brand new Sapphire HD 3850 512MB Ati/Radeon Graphics card (which refuses to work), 500GB external SATA hard disk, 2 ea 250GB internal SATA hard disks and a 250GB IDE/ATA internal hard drive. Am getting ready to install another 250GB SATA drive internally to replace the IDE/ATA drive (this may or may not work as I have some serious problems with my XP installation which is refusing all attempts at repair or replacement..... Also have a Creative Sound Card (doesn't everybody?), and a Plextor CD Burner plus a Lite-On DVD Burner. - Note: I'm going to clean this list up a bit in case it will help in future posting..........when I get the darn system running again. ...... This post is being generated courtesy of a Toshiba Notebook.

Beyond all that, I'm glad I stumbled across this forum and look forward to participating in it........... Take care n' keep smiling ;)

2. strategic

strategic TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,274

Welcome to Techspot :D
    It's a great place for people to learn to love their computers!:haha:
    Please start by going here, if you haven't already.
    Hope you enjoy your experience here ;)

3. OhNoNotAgain

OhNoNotAgain TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks 'strategic. Glad to say my computer is back up and running well. Ah, isn't life grand?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.