I really hate computers

By OhNoNotAgain
Sep 19, 2009
  1. Come on, fess many have said this at last several times while 'playing on these machines'?

I guess I would classify myself somewhere between beyond intermediate and journeyman when it comes to computers. I've been 100% self taught and have been playing with these contraptions since DOS and 3.1 or 3.11 (Workgroups?).

Somewhere in my background I was an electronic manufacturing engineer in the defense industry - started out on the assembly line and worked my way up to the point where I found myself managing the Operations Engineering Department for General Dynamics Electronics Division. Believe me, engineering is a helluva lot more fun than supervision and/or management.

My computer is home built and has developed into a bit of a kluge..... ABIT KR7A Raid motherboard with an AMD 1800+Processor and 2 GB of Crucial Ram, USB 2.0 add-on card, Sata add-on card, brand new Sapphire HD 3850 512MB Ati/Radeon Graphics card (which refuses to work), 500GB external SATA hard disk, 2 ea 250GB internal SATA hard disks and a 250GB IDE/ATA internal hard drive. Am getting ready to install another 250GB SATA drive internally to replace the IDE/ATA drive (this may or may not work as I have some serious problems with my XP installation which is refusing all attempts at repair or replacement..... Also have a Creative Sound Card (doesn't everybody?), and a Plextor CD Burner plus a Lite-On DVD Burner. - Note: I'm going to clean this list up a bit in case it will help in future posting..........when I get the darn system running again. ...... This post is being generated courtesy of a Toshiba Notebook.

Beyond all that, I'm glad I stumbled across this forum and look forward to participating in it........... Take care n' keep smiling ;)
  2. strategic

strategic TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,020

Welcome to Techspot :D
    It's a great place for people to learn to love their computers!:haha:
    Please start by going here, if you haven't already.
    Hope you enjoy your experience here ;)
  3. OhNoNotAgain

OhNoNotAgain TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks 'strategic. Glad to say my computer is back up and running well. Ah, isn't life grand?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.