I recorded something on the PC for about 1 hour and 1/2... Just need 20 min?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_DOG73

I recoreded the news on my computer for one hour and a half. My restaurant was on the news but I wasn't sure what time they would air it. I only need the part of it when the restaurant was on the air(about 20 min or so). Is there a way I can make a file from that file that is just the part that I need? The reason is because the file is like 840 Mb and I want to save it to a cd. Of course the file is too large and I don't want to put it on a dvd. If not it's ok. I just didn't want such a huge file. I also wanted to send it to someone in Japan using msn messenger and 840 mb would take forever. Any help is much appreciated. Go Niners!

you're going to need software for opening and trimming your media file. personally, i use sonic foundry stuff (get it all second-hand for next to nothing), but i realize not everyone wants to spend that kind of money on something they rarely use. i reccomend you look into cool edit pro. two of my friends havbe it and they have nothing bad to say about it, and as i understand it thiers was free :rolleyes:. however, i haven't seen it used for anything except audio...

I believe you will need video editing software to accomplish what you have in mind. Unfortunately, this will cost you about $100 plus. If you could get a TV tuner card, and play the video file through it, you may be able to get that portion that you want, that way. I never played with my tv tuner cards, but I know I can capture video, from them, with free media center software. Perhaps your best bet, for a quality video, would be to buy video editing software.

Thanks for your reply

It's no big deal. I just thought if there was an easy way that I haven'
t read about then maybe it was possible. I don't want to invest in some editing software. I'd rather buy more ram. Thanks for the feedback. Oh and Zephead...youre gonna be an addict one day if you don't watch out....Ha.....LOL ok....Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back