I see the images of my pc, but I can't watch videos

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently connect my pc to my living room TV.
I have a ATI radeon 9800 and a Sony 29" flat screen TV.
Everything is fine, the connections, the sound, even the images of my desktop, I already saw images of some games, MP3 player, but, and this is the tricky part, I can't watch any of the videos.
The TV screen keeps blacked and I see the images of the player and the sound, but no images of the movie.
Could anybody help me with that?

Thanks

Almir Fuschini
Sao Paulo, Brazil

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot

Need to know the specs of your Pc.
Or fill out your user profile.
A shot in the dark, have you gone
into display properties?
Making sure all settings are correct?
G'Luck

Sorry. It was my first post.
I updated my profile with my pc specs.
I don't think that it has something to do with the Video card or display properties, cause like I said, I can see everything on the TV screen except movies or music videos. Even sound is OK.
I think if the problem was the video card settings or monitor properties I wouldn't be seeing anything at all.
But I not entirely sure.
What you think?

Thanks

Almir Fuschini

What cables/adapters are you using to connect to tv and
is this the card you have?
ati 9800
I'm an Nvidia user, 6800 gt oc 256mb
but I'll try to help as much as I can..

I found the precise link for the card:http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20030604/index.html
That's the exact model with 256mb.
Now, the cables, I used those regular old cables that we use to connect A/V plus video with a pin (male) in the end. Those went directly in the TV IN connections and I used a composite out from the card with an (female) adapter for the video cable that I mencioned.

By the way, thank you for your efforts so far.
I knew it was tricky.

Almir Fuschini

Hi, I get the same result when I plug my laptop trough super video cable to my TV. I've been searching in a lot of forums trying to find the answear to the problem.

I read in another forum that it's because of security issues of Windows. So that you're not able to transmit it to TV, and save to VCR, sort of a forced copyright protection. I don't know how true that is... but the person who wrote it also said that he was able to transmit video to TV on older Windows versions on the same PC, but XP didn't allow him to. Since it's Microsoft I don't really doubt that it is a Windows issue. But there might be some software that bypasses that and allows you to transmit it, wich is what I'm searching for now.

Hope information's usefull.

-Esizkur-

Thanks, EsizKur.
Looking forward for the results of your search.
Please, let me know when you have them.

Thak you.

Almir Fuschini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back