I think I have keylogger

Status
Not open for further replies.

pc_noob005

in the past three days my steam account password has been changed, steam reset it for me and sent me the new stuff through email, now my steam support account and my gmail account can't be accessed since the password has been changed, if a keylogger is reading this right now. then I bet this account will also be compromised, so I might actually have to make a new account.
Here's hijack this log. I followed the stickied how to get rid of virus thing and heres my hijack this:
(Moderator edit: Please do not copy and paste your logs. Instead, post them as attachments only in either .txt or .log format. To learn how to attach a log file, please see HERE.)

first thing first. especially if you have another pc in the house with internet, disconnect this one from the internet!!! no internet means that it cant send out any passwords. keep the internet connected on the other one though.

if you only have 1 pc in the house, disconnect this one from the internet and only reconnect it when you want to check up on this forum.

now. please follow all instructions that are listed in the Viruses/Spyware/Malware preliminary removal instructions. then, like it says at the end, only post the combofix, avg antispyware, and new hijack this log as an attachment. just so you know, im not one of the normal people here who will help others with their troubles, but im just trying to get this thread going for you.

anyway, please post them as an attachment next time. click either the post reply button, or if you have quick reply enabled, click "Go Advanced". under that is a section called "Additional Options". click on the button labeled "Manage Attachments" then in the new window, brows for the attachment and upload it. do that for all 3 logs.

also please read this. since you think you have a keylogger, you may want to inform your bank company that your account may be compromised if you use that pc for banking.

like i said before, im not one of the normal people here who help other's with their pc problems. the reason for that is because im just not experienced in that area. i have decent understanding of hjt logs, but i couldnt read yours because i have to help my parents with christmas eve baking lol :) . but, i have been helped enough times here that i can return the favor to them by saving them a post and pointing you in the right direction as to where to start cleaning your system.

good luck, and happy holidays :) :)

~plasma

I have already done the Viruses/Spyware/Malware preliminary removal instructions. and i will post the combofix, avg antispyware, and hjt logs. Thanks, for the help.

Hello, pc_noob005, I will now be helping you with your problem.

First, click the Edit button on your first post in this thread and remove your HJT log.

Now, please read this thread If your system is infected, read this before deciding whether to Clean or Format.

If you decide to clean your system, follow these instructions Virus/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and post fresh HJT, Combofix, and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments to a new reply in this thread as well as the result of the Panda Antirootkit scan.

The log you posted originally was with an outdated version of HJT so you can safely delete it from your system, but make sure to get the latest version from the links provided in the instructions and follow the instructions for renaming the HJT file.

This thread is for the use of pc_noob005 only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

get yourself spybot search and destroy (free)
install it. then turn off system restore
boot in safemode. run the program with updates. once viri is removed, turn system restore back on if you wish.

Tedster: Please allow Daveskater to help pc_noob005 with his malware problems. Viri will most certainly not be cleaned through a simple scan with one program alone.

By posting such a reply you are potentially encouraging the user to go by your "easy way" which will most definitely not guarantee that the infections will be cleaned thoroughly. So please do not post such replies in the future.

Regards,
momok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back