TechSpot

I Think I need updated drivers 4 he NVIDIA TNTModel64/model64 Pro

By Big_Kev9
May 30, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have just bought call of duty (the game of the year 2003) and it installed fyn bt when i go 2 run the game it comes up fatal error could not openGL. Make sure u hav the latest drivers from your manfacturers site.
    My neighbourgh said he didnt undrstand and said it probably need ss the new drivers
    Could u please giv me a link 2 download the suitable drivers or tell me that i bassically need a new graphics card would b much appreciated
  2. JustinPS

JustinPS TS Rookie Posts: 28

Go here and choose "Graphics Driver" from the little list in the center, then choose "GeForce and TNT2", then choose whatever operating system you are currently using, and that will send you to the correct driver page.

If updating the driver doesn't work, then the card doesn't support openGL. Seeing as how I was just researching older Nvidia cards for another post ("I can't run games...please advice"), I'm pretty sure this TNT Model 64 is in the same category as the Vanta, and if that is true--which I believe it is--then you'll need a new video card.

I would suggest a Radeon 9600 XT for Call of Duty, since that is a fairly graphics-intense game. That goes for around $75-90 on eBay. Or, if you have a little more money to spend, get a 9700 or even 9700 Pro. Those are over $100, though I don't know the exact current prices.

-JustinPS
  3. AtK SpAdE

AtK SpAdE TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,846

wow justin this is almost the same post as earlier huh...anyways, COD will most likely not work on that card, and if it does i would cringe at the Framerate. The 9600 is a good value card to go for light gaming. Just make sure you have the ocrrect slot, and it will greatley improve you situation. Im not saying driver wont fix the problem, but as soon as you get it running, im not sure if it will be able to run at actually playable speeds.
    Sean
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.