TechSpot

I think my computer wants me to suffer

By Gups98
Nov 11, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. One day, my monitors were no longer receiving signals from my computer. I had initially thought that it was my gpu, but after testing other cards and monitors, I concluded it was my mobo. Well now with my new Mobo, when I boot up, at random places, it will freeze and reboot. Or it will just randomly cut out and tell me i lost signal or just stay black. Any help on this issue??? I need to play Skyrim!

Phenom II x4 965, 4 gb ram, nvidia 460, 1.5 tb hdd, msi mobo

2. Mark56

Mark56 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,889

This sounds like you may have a problem with your power supply, it could be that it was not the mobo. It could also be the hard drive or the memory.

Please read this guide and follow the instructions to post the minidump files for analysis.

The easiest way to test the power supply is to borrow a power supply (of the correct wattage) and swap it with yours.

These two guides will allow you to test the memory and the hard drive, you will need another PC to make the discs.

3. Gups98

Gups98 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks a lot, I will definitely try with the new PSU. And I don't believe it is the HDD because I tried booting with both, using only one at a time

4. Mark56

Mark56 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,889

Not sure what you mean by this, "Tried booting with both" both what?