TechSpot

I tried to install Nvidia driver and it didnt go well... compatibility issue

By Stignz
Jun 4, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. So heres the thing, I have a Toshiba that has an nvidia card, but for some reason it uses intel hd family (which honestly makes no sense) and I tried to update the nvidia driver. What happened was I saw that if I manually unninstaled everything from nvidia it would work. But it didnt, so im panicking right now. I have an nvidia gt 540, and my laptop is a Toshiba satellite 750.
    The error on the driver is that it cant find any compatible hardware. PLease help me!
  2. GhostRyder

GhostRyder TS Evangelist Posts: 2,207   +518

The problem with toshiba is they use their own drivers. Not all are like that, but from my experience, all the ones I've worked on only like drivers from toshiba.

http://support.toshiba.com/support/modelHome?freeText=3253815

I don't know if this is your exact model, but it was one of three that had a gt 540 inside.

Hope it helps!
  3. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 6,941   +899

Toshiba is one of those stiff companies that doesnt allow drivers straight from 3rd party manufacturers. There is a way to hack the drivers, but I have never personally done it and it is too risky. All I can tell you is go to the Toshiba site like Ghost said, and download the driver from there. It will be very outdated, so dont expect to play the latest game titles. I never buy Sony or Toshiba PCs for that reason.
    GhostRyder likes this.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.