I used to have hair, but I have pulled it all out

By daveyk
Mar 29, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi everyone and hopfully someone looking at this post can help me because after 2 weeks and countless late nights wiping blood from my brow I am left with a machine that is a load better but still has issues...ok here I go

Spec:

Giga-byte GA-K8N-SLI mobo new
    amd 64 x2 3800+ new
    xpert vision g-force 7600gt (from previous comp)
    4 x 512 ddr pc 3200. (from previous comp) (soon to be 2 x 1gig pc 4000)
    1 x seagate barracuda 160 gig (from previous comp)
    1 x hitachi death star 250 gig ( i know but you will see why in the story) new
    colorsit 550watt psu (new)
    windows Vista Premium (full) new

after having a lot little problems with installig windows I finaaly had a working machine with vista on....but there is a number of things that is happening to my machine.

1. blue screen woth the following error codes:
    0x00000124
    0x851af5ao
    oxb2000000

2: at random times, the signal from the lcd screen goes and the computer is still running but the chip light remains on ( this happens more than the blue screen 8:1 it also happens whilst the system is idle and when im working.

3. 2 times I have had a warning stating that one of the graphics drivers has stopped responding.

4. i ran diag program and it said i had a AMDK6-DRX-BUG.

please can someone help, i am not an expert by any means but i do have basic knowledge.

Many thanks.
  2. Rayss523

Rayss523 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 120

Have you tried switching to XP?

Also try Rogaine....
  3. daveyk

daveyk Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

yeah, after many many phone calls to microsoft and many many error reports they have finally aggreed to refund my money, which I was completely surprised at(but who am I to complain). I will have to wait and see if that solves the final problem or two....a faulty power cable was to blame cause of a lot of the problems I was having.

Down with Vista...long live Rogaine
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.