I want keyboard to act as mouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

erwin1978

Is there a utility in winXP so that I can assign the function of the middle mouse button to one of the keys on the keyboard?

Originally posted by erwin1978
Is there a utility in winXP so that I can assign the function of the middle mouse button to one of the keys on the keyboard?

Err... Why would you want to do that?

And do you want it to work in games or just windows?

If it's games, just assign the function currently assigned to the middle mouse button to antoher key...

If it's in windows... ??? What function is it you're trying to use ???

You can re-assign keys on the keyboard, but it ain't the easiest thing in town...

Tell us what exactly you're trying to do, and we might just be able to tell you what to do...

According to the application, some things already use this. Some programs use the up and down arrows as the scroll button, most will use the page up and down to scroll a whole page.

There are also keyboards that have a set of keys designed for use as mouse buttons and direction control but they are a bit awaward. I seem to remember a selection choice in control panel to assign the mouse buttons and scroll to keys but I can't find it so it may have either been for a specific mouse I once had or else it may no longer be there in XP.

Yeah - there's an option to do that in Windows ME somewhere, Accessability options, I think. It uses the number pad keys to move your mouse, and I think that you can assign other keys to certain mouse buttons too. It's called MouseKeys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back