i want render farcry with openGL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

konaing

I have Geforce 6800 and enough Cpu speed and memory.I play the game with High details (D3D).But texture are not good.So i download the farcry Benchmark and test with OpenGl,it's looking damn good.But I can't change
render option in play mode.How can i change OpenGl render option pls tell me.

There is a file in the FarCry directory on your hard drive. I think it's system .cfg or config.cfg. inside the file there is a line that reads render directx 9 or D3d 9. change it to Opengl and save the file. Now when you run FarCry, it will run in opengl mode.

Open the system.cfg file in the Far Cry directory. Search for the line
r_Driver = "Direct3D9"
Change it to
r_Driver = "OpenGL"

I have a question about this, is there some advantage for doing this? Does this really make the game run or look better? If there is, why wasn't it made to run in Open GL in the first place?

To me, Opengl doesn't have as great of graphics as Direct 3d. In FarCry, opengl doesn't render some of the grass and other textures. But, it runs faster than Direct 3d. So it really just depends on wether or not you want better graphic or faster gameplay.

I guess I can answer my question myself. I tried what Thomas said, and I really couldn't play it with OpenGL, because, I coulnd't see the guns in my hands, in some places, and ladders were invisible. Oh, and a lot of the buildings sides, and other things, would be flashing white as I moved around. Actually, other than that, I also thought the game looks better in Direct3D, and I didn't see any performance improvement either. But I have an ATi 9700 Pro, maybe it runs better this way on nVidia.

Really didn't know you could do this. Is it possible in any Direct3D game?

nVidia does much better with opengl than ATI at the moment. You should be able to accomplish the same look with opengl as with D3D - it's just a matter of coding and exectution.

Okay, just for my own knowledge, will it work the other way around, will any OpenGL game run in D3D?

Nope, the game has to support it in the first place for it to work (So you won't be doing this with Doom 3). They don't support it anyway, kinda like when they added OpenGL to the unreal engine.

sorry for lately reply olefarte.When i play farcry with direct 3d low details is no problem.When i change high detalis water can't see and grass are black,walls are so bright than needed.

Locate your FarCry root folder.
Do this by simply rite clicking your FarCry shoortcut and click on properties.
Then just hit find target.

Once inside the far cry folder ,locate the system.cfg.
Open that with word pad and search for the line..

r_Driver = "Direct3D9"

Change the Direct3d9 to OpenGL so it looks like this...

r_Driver = "OpenGL"

If your find problem with the water or special effects than try reducing them till the problem goes away.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back