I want to delete all my partitons and wipe my drive..How?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_DOG73

I am trying to erase my hard drive and reinstall windows xp on it using a clean install. I want to get rid of everything on the drive and start like new. Any suggestions on how to do this? Your help is much appreciated!

Ok, what you want to to do is actually very simple. Start up your computer with your WindowsXP cd in the drive. It will boot from that.

It will start doing some things on its own, but you will soon be asked what to do. From there it will ask you where to install, and you will see all your partitions. At this point I believe you hit "D" and it will delete the partition you have selected. Do this for all of them.

When all you have left is Unpartitioned Space, press "C" to Create. Then choose the size. If you are going to have a multi partition setup again you can either set those additional ones up now or wait til you are in Windows. After you have created a partition, you tell windows to install to that one. Then proceed as normal.

You might need to go into the BIOS to make sure your CD rom is set to first boot. To get there hit F1, DEL, or F2 right after you hear it beep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back