I want to know the best brand for custom computer...

neowing

Hello ? I want to know the best brand for custom computer.
Following list is what I need to make my own computer.
Processor, Motherboard, Graphic Card, Memory, Audio, Hard Drive, Optical Drives, Mouse, and Case.

I looked TechSpot's Guides but I need people's options about those list.
If I post wrong place, I am sorry.

So you want to build your own computer. Good for you! It is a very enjoyable and rewarding experience (at least it was for me). As for what to recommend, we need a bit more info.

What are you planning to use the new comp for?
What is your budget?
Do you have a prefrence between Intel or AMD cpu's?
Do you have a prefrence between ATI or Nvidia graphics cards?

I want my computer into WorkStation and Game for Computer Graphics. Therefore, I don't care about budget. When I visited in the Best Buy, they sell AMD cpus. I didn't ask why they don't sell Intel. However, I want to someone tell me what is different between Intel and AMD. I still can't decide CPU. And same for Graphic Cards.

Right now the most powerful cpu out is the Core 2 Duo from Intel. The bottom end 6300 model goes for $191 at newegg.com and the top of the line X6800 Extreme Edition goes for $1059. The AMD X2 series is nothing to sneeze at but cannot keep up with the Core 2's. If you are looking at workstation and gaming uses you may want to consider the e6600 as it has 4MB of L2 memory on the chip. Here's a link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819115003

The difference between ATI and Nvidia is more a personal prefrence than anything else. Both make great graphics cards and have a few duds too. Here's a decent mid level graphics card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814131007
If you want top of the line then you are looking at either the x1900 series from ATI or the 7900 series from Nvidia and they run at minimum of $200 and up.

processor - AMD and intel are both good (intel dominates market atm due to core 2 duo's)
Motherboard - asus, intel, gigabyte
Graphic Card - Asus, gigabyte, sapphire
Memory - corsair, legend, kingston
Audio - dont know
Hard Drive - Western digital and seagate
Optical Drives - LG, sony, panasonic
Mouse - microsoft, logitec
Case - antec, thermaltake, coolermaster

Regards,

Korrupt

Thank you for posting. However, I need more infomation about Optical Drives. korrupt suggested LG, Sony, Panasonic. Which one is the best ? What is the different between them ?

Back