TechSpot

I want to locate drivers in my regestry

By bedlam_4
Dec 23, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. See my previous post. Samsung's faq page recommends removing the old or corrupted drivers from the windows registry before updating or reinstalling. They direct you to Hkey_Local_Machine>ENUM>SCSI. This will show me model # and deviceSamsung's faq courtesy of Nodsu. This direction is for Win98. I am looking in XP(please refer to the previous post).

Can any one help me to find and remove these drivers?

BTW I did open the Scsi tree. I have port 1 and port 0. How do I differentiate between the two. Also where is the hard drive located as I would hate to delete the driver for that?
  2. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 9,431

I don't know exactly what you are looking for, but:

Try "HKLM\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi"

or even better: "HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSetXXX\Enum\SCSI"
  3. bedlam_4

bedlam_4 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 182

Finally!
    I had to remove the drive and reinstall it several times over for it to finally work. Evrytime the computer restarted it would be gone again. Before it could disappear from the GUI I reloaded Windows to capture the new drivers. Its loading now and my fingers are crossed.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.