I was not prepared for this

Alright so I ordered computer parts from Logical Increments and thought I got everything correct.

I got this:
Motherboard: Z97 PC Mate
GraphicsCard: Radeon R9 380
CPU: i3 4160
HSF: Hyper 212 Evo
HardDrive: 1 Terabyte (Seagate)
Ram: Ballistix 8gb
Case: Arc Midi R2
Operating System: still deciding on

So what I wanna know is if I messed up somewhere with this.Think I got the wrong power supply and maybe ram because it looks too small. Also would like to know whats the best way to put this together without stressing myself out too much? I don't know about hardware aspect of computers but I thought this would be a good way to learn.

My first best suggestion is to have a friend or associate who has built systems before and ask him to guide you as you build this together. You do the work and if you have any difficulties let him then do what is needed. That is how I learned.

Your motherboard will easily handle 8 gigs or more of RAM as long as that RAM is DDR3. If it is above 1600 speed you will need to overclock in order to get the speed of the RAM. Btw I run Crucial Ballistix Sport 8 gigs in my current system and it performs well. What version of Ballistix did you get?

As for the OS I would forget Windows 8 and get 7 Home premium 64-bit. You'll then be offered for a free upgrade to 10 for a limited time. Hold off on doing so and watch for the user reviews on 10 in the weeks to come.

I would say you'll need the most help in putting in the cpu and the Hyper 212 EVO. Unless you are overclocking I would say the 212 wasn't really necessary. Another suggestion I would have made is to get yourself a good SSD for your operating system say in the 120 gig to 250 gig capacity. I run my games off my hard drive.

Hope this helps.

Back