I would like to build a website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Baltan

Can someone help me plz as i would like to build a free website. I would like a good free programe to use.

Thanks

Baltan

Do you already have the server, webspace, domain, etc?

You can use something like:
EZ SiteMaker 3.0

well notepad is free.. there are a few sites that will teach you the basics, the rest is just code..

there are a few sites online and a few books you can borrow off a mate or the library that can teach you these things (just google "building a website" or something) and possibly some freeware as well..

a few good (not realy, all has pro's and cons) free hosts are
brinkster.com (dont know if it still offers the free package)
bravenet.com
tripod (cant remember)
and stay away from geocities....
your ISP may also have one for you, maybe a small one included with your contract plan....

the basic format of a webpage is:
<html>
--sets the language to be read as html, and you need it to make any sort of webpage
<head>
--the head of the whole page, but wont be seen exept for its effects
<title> this sets the title in the blue bar on the top of IE/ff etc</title>
--some extra scripts and stuff may go here
</head>
<body>
this is the part where you see what you type, images, graphics, animation etc..
<br> is just like pressing enter in word
<p> makes/sets a new paragraph</p>
<i> italics </i><b>bold</b><u>underlined</u>
other codes can go here, there are plenty to choose from that does different things..
</body>
</html>

thats probably a quick one, and if you copy that to notepad as is from <html> to </html>, rename teh extention from website.txt to website.html you'd see a simple web page.

if you do start considering going up a step with software, get dreamweaver or adobe go live.. they are pretty good stuff for $$$ software..

o btw.. the </...> thing you see sometimes at the end is just to close that tag...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back