I5 4670k Bundle Deal 479.99

By GhostRyder
Jun 25, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. This is a full working computer (minus graphics card and cd drive) as a newegg.com shell shocker today only.

http://www.newegg.com/Special/ShellShocker.aspx?cm_sp=ShellShocker-_-1353139-_-06252013_1

CPU: i5-4670k
    Motherboard: asus z87-a
    PSU: Cooler Master Extreme 525w
    Case: Rosewill Red Bone
    Hdd: Seagate barracuda 7200rpm 1tb 64mb cache
    Ram: crucial 1600 8gb (1 stick)

Around 120 dollars off, that's half the cost of the i5 and leaves you plenty of room for a gpu and an aftermarket cooler for the overclocking enuthiasts!!!
  2. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,721   +873

This is the correct link by the way: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.1353139.
    That motherboard is fairly low end, but I dont expect much for $500. I never use CM PSUs, so I would not take that. The case is really personal preference. Personally, I dont really like it. Finally, the RAM should be 4x2GB not just 1 stick. That bundle is great for budget builders, but it needs some tweaking. I would pop in a WD HDD instead since I have had a lot of dead Seagate HDDs in the past.
  3. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,768   +1,428

I think both GhostRyder and myself are fine with you using WD. We will continue using Seagate without issues.
    Besides this is not a build were you can swap parts, it is a bundle which dictates the items sold within. If you switch parts, you risk losing the bundle discount.
  4. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,721   +873

Yeah, but the bundle really just needs 2x4GB sticks of RAM and it is great.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.