Nov 19, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. cliffordcooley likes this.
  2. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,980   +1,488

Damn I wish there was a Micro Center around here, in store pickup only. :(
  3. Blkfx1

Blkfx1 TS Addict Topic Starter Posts: 889   +171

Ahhh. I didn't really pay attention to the details. I just thought " I have to tell other people about this" lol. I figured it was a catch somewhere. Still, $200 bucks is a hell of a deal considering Micro center also discounts mobo's when bundled with a processor.
  4. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,308   +265

Micro Center does this type of thing fairly often especially with CPUs - but they're always in-store pickup only. :( Wish there was one near me.
  5. Blkfx1

Yeah, I'm not too close to one either. I have to drive an hour or so to get to their Madison Heights location. With this deal my 2600K may finally be getting a replacement.
  6. LNCPapa

LOL - if one was near me I'd be doing the exact same thing - replacing my 2600K. I did say my next proc would be 6/12 though so I'm trying hard to hold out - just need those mobos to drop in price.
  7. cliffordcooley

All three of us have 2600K's. lol
    Blkfx1 likes this.
  8. Blkfx1

The 2600k has held it's own so well these past generations. It'd be silly to get rid of it without good reason.
  9. LNCPapa

Yep - mine has been rock solid at 4.6 and my temps have never gone past 73C. I didn't even bother trying to go beyond 4.6 and I don't want to kill it since I'll be passing it on to one of my daughters when I upgrade.
  10. slh28

slh28 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,925   +170

I wonder why it's in store pickup only? Most retailers have online-only discounts...
  11. cliffordcooley

I suppose it is their way of getting you in store, so you would be tempted to buy more.

12. slh28

slh28 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,925   +170

Yeah but it's over $100 cheaper than other places? Either they're taking quite a big loss on them hoping to make it up on sales of motherboards, etc. or they should be selling them for $250 online and taking all the sales from the other sites
  13. cliffordcooley

Since they are walk in only and listed as one per house hold, I'd say they only have a limited supply for this sales promotion.
  14. GhostRyder

GhostRyder TS Evangelist Posts: 2,212   +521

Holly hot damn, I wish there was one near me...Wait there is !!!!!!!!!!!!! Think its time for an road trip!
  15. cliffordcooley

Ghost Rider headed to Micro Center.
    LNCPapa and Blkfx1 like this.
  16. GhostRyder

GhostRyder TS Evangelist Posts: 2,212   +521

I had my dallas friends head over last night, made it before closing and they had the chip in stock for that price. Still have a few left, I told him to wait so I may have him pick up one for me because that price is just to OP to pass up... Too bad its not on Ivy-Bridge E though :p

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.