TechSpot

I7 4770k, mobo, ram, and 750w psu $609

By GhostRyder
Jun 27, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,003   +1,503

I don't understand kits with single channel RAM offering. Thats enough to turn anyone off, if they are a dual channel die hard.

However when the kit is added to cart, there is 2x4GB dual channel memory showing. That makes it even more confusing. Do you get the 1 module, 2 modules, or all 3 modules? What makes the confusion worse is why they would gift dual channel memory with a single channel bundle. The use of a single channel module would prevent the dual channel functionality of dual channel memory.

Who's the dum__ss making these bundles and gift additions?

2. GhostRyder

GhostRyder TS Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 2,223   +528

I put it in the cart and sure enough your right LOL. I've seen this happen a lot on newegg where you get ram free and another stick of random ram because one of the parts includes ram.

So it looks like you get the above mentioned combo, a 15 dollar gift card, a skull tshirt (wtf?), and another set of crucial ballistics ram in a 2x4gb config at 9,9,9,24 on the timings. Honestly that's kinda kick ***, I like the 8gb stick better because of the timings, but still you could throw that set in if you don't want to buy another stick of it for dual channel.

Honestly, as for the dual channel part, yea I mean it makes a difference, but with the savings, grab another one of the sticks and you still save a lot of money with a nice system. That deal is pretty sick honestly I want to get it just to build a computer to sell or for a friend. Plus seeing that xtra ram, that could be put to good use lol.

3. boagz57

boagz57 TS Rookie Posts: 77

That link takes me to a LG air conditioner deal

4. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,443   +220

It doesn't matter since that deal is long over.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.