Ialmrnt5 Error: project laptop screen on monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ialmrnt5 Error: project laptop screen on screen

I have just purchased a new laptop from Dell model XPS M140. I upgraded to 1G ram. All I am trying to do is project the laptop screen onto a projector monitor but when I plug the VGA cable in, I get a "weak or no signal" from my projector monitor. When I try to press Function F8 or right click to output picture to the projector monitor I get the infinite loop error pointing at the ialmrnt5 display driver. I looked up online and I see most people have that problem with gaming; however I am not gaming? Also- some suggested dust but this is a new laptop so there should be no dust. Others suggested incompatible rams but I bought this straight from dell so the rams should be compatitible without a problem (besides I don't game so I don't use much of the rams). Finally some suggested updating drivers- video as well as chipset. I have done both but I still get the blue screen of infinite loop error. Any suggestions would GREATLY appreciated.

FYI: I am running Windows XP Media Center Service Pack 2, Pentium M processor 1.73GHz, with the Intel 915 GM Chipset, Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900.

Thank you very much!

Did it work before? If yes, then what changed? The RAM did. Ditto, test the RAM.

I just bought the laptop 3 weeks ago and have never worked. I didn't change anything and the rams are new from Dell- 1GB shared DDR2 SDRAM shared memory. Oh I didn't change the configuration- the RAMs came straight the laptop from Dell. I never opened it or changed anything inside.

Please let me know if you can think of anything? Thanks!!!

ok folks heres the solution: XPS 140M does not support VGA cables! You must use either SVGA or XVGA! Also they require you to select no border on the graphics properties. I finally got it to work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back