IBM AS400 help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harold the sage

I don't know if this is in the right catagory but, here goes. My Friends and I recently acquired an IBM AS400 and we have no idea what the specs are or the model information, or how much it's worth, if anyone can tell me it would be appreciated. I have pictures and if anyone needs more please tell me I can get them.

Attachments

• IMAG0054.JPG
    IMAG0054.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMAG0055.JPG
    IMAG0055.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMAG0056.JPG
    IMAG0056.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 5
It should have some sort of an IBM ID on it.
A type-model tag looking like XXXX-YYY or a 7- or 12-character serial number for example. Punch these into the IBM support page.

Check eBay for similar offers to see what people are paying for it. Mind you, only a real freak would want anything to do with a beast like that :p Then again, I am pretty sure there are many companies out there that depend on their AS400 systems and are in need of spare parts and such.

that thing is asome!!!:hotbounce
i want 1 of those!!
i bet i is ticht for space, if i got one of those my parents would kill me for shure!

The AS-400 line was a very special offering from IBM.
It has a 48-bit word and runs relational data for everything.

That system is also a migration nightmare as there is no migration path
to anything 'bigger and better', which likely the reason you got it cheap (I sure hope so!).

where did u get it?? what are you planning to do with it? sell it?? use it, as for worth it only worth what someone will pay 4 it weither its worth 1000s or not. i'm selling very old and antique computers on the internet and was told they were worth a couple $100 bucks but i so far i got $25 bucks out of 1 of em.
f8 microcomputer
big board computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back