IBM T43 Hangs On Startup If Logged In Straight Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

damienb

Hi there,

Ive got an IBM T43 and Im running ATI Mobility Radeon X300. A while ago I updated the driver from Windows updates and it gave me this bug where it would not resume from stand-by (just gave me the blue screen of death and then restarted). Since then I realized there was a new update for the video driver on the Lenovo website which fixed that bug. So i downloaded that and installed it. It has fix the blue screen of death bug but ive since been experiancing some trouble at initial startup. Its wierd though. If i log in straight away when prompted I will always instantly get the windows xp tune and my wallpaper but the actual desktop (taskbar and icons) wont appear, sometimes for up to 4 or 5 minutes. Yet if I wait like 30 seconds to 1 minute before logging in everything appears instantly. The PC has a 2Ghz processor, 2Gb of RAM (and it is the totally correct RAM as Ive check that) so its not that the PC is crap or anything. Ive run numerous virus and spyware scans all finding nothing and both of them do have the latest definitions.

Can anyone help me? Does anyone else know of this problem??

Damien

Looks like something needs some time to start up..

Maybe check the Event Viewer to see if anything complains about something.

Look over your system services and startup programs. Disable anything that is not needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back