Ibm thinkpad bios password removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dikeporo3

I have this Ibm thinkpad laptop model 390x purchased at an auction. It is requesting for password before even booting. I need help here on how to break this hurdle. I will appreciate it alot

Password Removal...

Hail...

I've got a Thinkpad too...Now for your problem there's suppose to be an option to log into the bios for removal or to change the password... Cause IBM's only got the password set for the Hard Disk which comes after the Power On Self Test [POST]... Hit Access IBM button like mine has or try the classic F1 & Del keys....

Problem: I forgot my password. Solution: If you have registered your computer for Password Reset Service, and you forgot your power-on or hard disk password, you can reset it by pressing the ThinkVantage button at the password prompt. v If you cannot reset your power-on password, you must take your computer to a Lenovo authorized servicer or a marketing representative to have the password canceled. v If you cannot reset your hard disk password, Lenovo authorized servicer cannot reset your password or recover data from the hard disk. You must take your computer to a Lenovo authorized servicer or a marketing representative to have the hard disk drive replaced. Proof of purchase is required, and a fee will be charged for parts and service.If you forgot your supervisor password, Lenovo authorized servicer cannot reset your password. You must take your computer to a Lenovo authorized servicer or a marketing representative to have the system board replaced. Proof of purchase is required, and a fee will be charged for parts and service.

What Ozone layer are you from? If you dont like possible solutions offered go somewhere else.

Shame...

What Ozone layer are you from? If you dont like possible solutions offered go somewhere else. <<<I AGREE .....NEVER KNEW PPL LIKE razou STILL EXIST!

There is no (user-doable) way to reset the BIOS password of a ThinkPad. The standard procedure is to replace the motherboard.

Just sent a x390 to IBM two weeks ago with the password problem. (And they actually found a replacement mobo for this ancient machine!)

Hey guys the paragon's short & software methods do work on dell systems. I have tried it on model c840. I'm here searching for ibm thinkpad 390x bios password removal. Is there anybody out there ready to offer help that works on ibm? I will appreciate it alot. Once more great thanks to paragon and co!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back