IBM thinkpad laptop wont change color or resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive got an IBM thinkpad laptop with windows 98 on it. Whenever i try to change the color from 16 colors to 256 colors or 16 bit, when i click apply it says windows needs to restart for the changes to take place, so i click yes and then it goes to like dos and it says windows is restarting... then itll load windows again, the laptop doesnt actually ever turn off or anything. but when i log back on nothing has changed, can someone help?

Do you have the display drivers installed?

You can also tell it not to restart when changing resolutions/color depth.

Sounds like the display drivers are faulty. I once worked on a customers IBM thinkpad, I was doing a fresh install of 2000 and I had a hell of a time finding those video drivers for it. Luckily Windows Update actually had the video driver. It's worth a shot, go to windows update and do that "scan for updates" thing.

IBM supplies all drivers to all supported operating systems for (almost) all their machines present and past.
www.ibm.com is your friend.

ZeroKAigon said:
would it help if i reinstalled windows?
no.
you are going to have to get on another computer that has windows then and burn the drivers to a cd or something. This is what happens when people lose track of the cds that come with their stuff.

ManyVoicesOfMe said:
no.
you are going to have to get on another computer that has windows then and burn the drivers to a cd or something. This is what happens when people lose track of the cds that come with their stuff.

i got the laptop from a friend, so i didnt lose anything, i never had it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back