IBM Thinkpad Not Booting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jono91

Hi,
I have an IBM Thinkpad and whenever i turn it on, it freezes at the first screen it displays, the Logo screen. I have tried resetting the BIOS but i don't know how on laptops. I've tried pressing the keys it says on the screen but it doesn't do anything. and i have tried putting in a bootable cd in but that doesn't work.

Please help! :knock:

It is probably malfunctioning hardware - RAM or hard drive most likely.

If the machine is under warranty, take it to repairs. If not, try removing the hard drive and see if things improve (you should end up with an error message). If you have two memory modules, try them one by one.

Ok, i tried some different RAM but that did nothing. And i don't know how to get the HD out. My mum has important things on there so i want to salvage that if i can.
And btw it is a IBM Thinkpad T21

unfortunatly connecting a nbHDD to a desktop or another laptop is near impossible, unless your a genius and can rig up a cable for ti or you have one of those wigits..

you will need to get your hands on an external hdd case for notebook hdds.. connects to a usb or firewire depending on what you get.

A 2.5-to-IDE hard drive adapter costs next to nothing and lets you use the notebook drive as any other IDE drive. An external enclosure would be a solution too, but would hinder any data recovery from the drive.

i have asked a friend if i can borrow their external hd case so hopefully that works. Thanls for helping out, nodsu. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back