Ibook won't turn on *at all* (this forum deals with macs, right?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

First, some background...

I just installed a new harddrive into my girlfriend's 4-year old ibook (I'm pretty sure it's the 14.1" LCD 16 VRAM model with no PMU switch), and I created two partitions, installed os x, and everything seemed fine. I wanted to install yellow dog on the second partition, so after downloading the .iso files, I burned them on another computer and put the first disk in and restarted the ibook (I should mention that I've restarted it as well as completely shut it down several times today with no problems whatsoever). The linux os install steps were pretty straightforward, but when it asked me to create new partitions, I balked and decided to wait until I had a bit more time to devote to the set-up.

I turned off the computer, and then upon trying to turn it on again, nothing happened. No fan, no disk noise, no monitor, nothing. I tried taking out the battery (it's fully charged), plugging and unplugging the computer, resetting the PMU, resetting the PRAM (since there's no devoted reset switch, I had to use keyboard combinations with the power button) but still, nothing.

I've spent the entire day putting this dumb computer back together and formatting the new os, so to have it just completely and mysteriously crap out is beyond frustrating. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back