Icon problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

stelch

Hi
You know sometimes when I add a website in my Favorites section an icon logo of that particular site appears next to the web name. This is fine but then after a few days it disappears and you can see the standard windows e sign. Is there a cure to this. I have Windows XP SP2.

Stelios

Sounds like the icon cache may be full. Try Micro$oft web site to see if you can make it larger. Clearing out the cache may stop them from changing so frequently.

Those icons are stored in Temp Inet Files. When you clear the cache, you lose the icons.

Go to www.gratilog.net/anglais/internet/ and download favorg.zip, then install and run it.
Select Tools/options/Change favicons folder and select another location for it.
Tick the "Don't test connection" box if you have XP/SP2.
When done, make sure that Find Favicons is the only ticked box on the right of the screen and click Go!
Enjoy.

realblackstuff said:
Select Tools/options/Change favicons folder and select another location for it.
Enjoy.

Thanks for the wonderful program but
I didn't understand the above part. Why should I change the favicons folder? And where to locate it then?

Stelios

If the suggested favicon folder is "Temporary Internet Files", you need to change that to e.g. C:\Program Files\Favicons or something like that.
I have not tried the program myself, I use Firefox (and I also don't give a hoot about those icons...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back