Icon remains in Add or Remove Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

RickM

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to read this message.
I am having a problem with my wives computer. When I click on <Start><Control Panel><Add or Remove Programs> I go through the list and select the program I want to remove. It goes through the process and a window appears telling me the program has successfully been removed.
The Icon, program name still remain and the size is very small only
0.82MB. When I go through the process to remove the remaining
0.82MB I see the exact actions of removing the program, receive the same message "Program has successfully been removed" but the 0.82MB and Icon still remain :suspiciou .
Could one of you "Pro's" fill me in on what is going on so I can completely remove the program and Icon ?
Any information will be appreciated.
Thank you.
RickM

First you alway have to tell us the specs of the computer, i would think you have Windows Corrupt, so what you can do it insert the or Cd of window,then run the command prompt. and type this cd\ press enter, then type 'sfc \scannow' it should start a small dialog that checks system files of error. after that process is done and nothing changes, the resort to getting an expert Registry cleaner, check you registry to see if it hass error.After all the make sure you get an anti-spyware software to check your computer for any warms and spyware.that should do and please update us on your progress.Thanx R

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back