Icons stuck on "Thumbnail View"

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjfarr

I can't seem to get the icon view out of "Thumbnail" mode in certain open/save dialog boxes. I keep having to change it back to list view (my preference) every time I use the open or save dialogs, even during the same session. I saw a post about this before but can't remember where. In Explorer and My Computer windows, the folder views I set up are remembered. It just seems to happen in the open/save dialog icon views.

~P.J.Farrauto

Set the folder you want to whatever view you like, then click on the tools menu, and select folder options. Click on the view tab. In the advanced settings, make sure the remember each folder`s view settings is checked. Click apply/ok.

Regards Howard :)

The problem is not with regular windows opened in Explorer or My Computer. It's the icon view I see when I click on "Open" or "Save" from a program's File menu. When the resulting dialog box comes up, the icons I see in the dialog box are in Thumbnail view. I'd like to see "List style" icons when in these dialog boxes.

~P.J.F.

I`m sorry, I misunderstood. :eek:

I don`t know how to solve your problem.

My computer running XP does exactly the same, although it doesn`t really bother me.

However, I would be very interested in any solution you find.

Regards Howard :)

I don't have the time to look at the moment... nor do I know the answer off the top of my head.. But try the Microsoft Knowledgebase in my signature.

Hey guys, thanks for taking the time. I saw an article on this somewhere (at a time when I didn't have this problem) and now that I need it, I can't remember where I saw it. Anyway, I will resolve this and will be sure to post my findings. (BTW Thanks Rick for the link. It didn't solve my beef, but I found a lot of other useful info at least).

Stay tuned...

~P.J.F.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back