ICS ad-hoc wireless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

I would like to have my internet connection of one PC shared on my laptop without having to buy a connection point. I tried it with ICS and with a bridge, but the don't seem to work.

The following is the situation:

Desktop:
Internet connection comes in via cable:

IP: 81.164.69.56
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Standard gateway: 195.130.132.106
Primary DNS: 195.130.129.163
Secondary DNS: 195.130.130.163

+ second wireless network card to share this internet connection with my laptop (this one is shared via ICS)

IP: 192.168.0.1

Laptop:
My wireless Card is connected with the wireless network card of the desktop (I get an excellent peer-to-peer connection).

IP: 192.168.0.121
Standard gateway: 192.168.0.1
Primary DNS: 192.168.0.1

But although I have a connection between the both cards, I can't access internet via the client or neither can I even ping the server.

What do I do wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Ewout

What are the operating systems on these computers?

"I would like to have my internet connection of one PC shared on my laptop without having to buy a connection point. I tried it with ICS and with a bridge, but the don't seem to work"...

Your laptop is wireless, so you must have a wireless modem or access point already

Both have XP as OS...

It must be possible to share my cable connection with my laptop via a wireless network card in one of the desktops in my LAN, not?

Yes this is an easy task using a wireless router or access point... Both your PC and Laptop would access the Internet independently and they can also be networked with each other sharing files and a printer

I know, at my home I have this situation. But at my parents there isn't a wireless router, only a wireless card in one desktop. Because I don't want to buy a router, I want to share the internet connection of the one desktop. I tried like discribed above, but there is something wrong.

Anybody an idea what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back