I'd like to take a survey for all the users for "TechSpot" :)

By Holly
Dec 10, 2004
Post New Reply
  1. I was just curious on whats everyone's favorite thing to do on TechSpot.
    By far, mine is posting new threads and replying to others.
  2. MrGaribaldi

MrGaribaldi TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,512

I guess helping others fix their computer problems would be on the top if my list...
    And if that doesn't classify me as a nerd, I don't know ;)

Oh, and just curious, what else can one do on a board except post new threads, and read then reply to other threads? ;)
  3. Holly

Holly TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 16

To : GariBaldi

Thanks for replying to me! SO, let me quess--if i need help w/ my computer..can you help me out when I have a problem?
    loved the joke! ;)
    Holly the way--do u know what "activeX" is? It pops up when i try to play a on msn messenger..
  4. MrGaribaldi

MrGaribaldi TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,512

Could be. Depends if I think I have a solution for the problem or not...
    Wrt the activeX thread of yours, it's better to keep the posts about that in that thread, so it'll be easier for others to find at a later date...
    Phantasm has replied with one possible solution to it, which you can try out.
  5. Mikael

Mikael TS Rookie Posts: 277

My favorite thing to do is write articles for TechSpot. That way Julio doesn't give me a :blackeye:. ;)
  6. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,345   +11

Quite a lot of things, if you happen to be a super moderator :stickout:

I don't have a particular favorite thing to do here. I used to enjoy computing once and liked to share the little knowledge I have, but the first part has vanished and I'm just trying to help others.
  7. MYOB

MYOB TS Rookie Posts: 492

Hrm, so the "I'm using computers a lot just because I do, not because I want to" thing has effected you as well, then?

I blame YellowTAB. I like to blame them for as much as possible though.....
  8. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 7,029   +616

My favourite thing is probably run things around here.... ;), found it to be quite addicting after many years.
  9. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 TS Rookie Posts: 5,734   +7

Ah... oh, I dunno... I come here because I just sort of have to ;)
  10. XtR-X

XtR-X TS Rookie Posts: 863

I haven´t been here for a while lately, but my favorite thing to do is to offer advice/help whenever I can and to read up on other people´s problems to learn from their issues. Basically, learning from others and helping with what I can.