IDE Connector fried?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't get the drive to acknowledge anything. it spins . . .but i believe the IDE connector may be fried. . .and I can't solder is back together or anything. . . .any ideas or options to get information-documents, pics, etc-off this computer??
Thanks

i dunno much, but there are 2 IDE slots from your mobo, are you plugged into the proper one? and is your master/slave settings all correct? was it working properly before? do you have smaart enabled? the bios doesnt read it at all? check your bios settings to see if you have it assigned to something other than auto or what it actually is. maybe its something simple.

These days not all motherboards have two IDE connectors although if yours does, that would be a simple solution to the problem if the IDE connector is at fault.

You can install your hard drive into an external USB (or firewire, etc.) enclosure and connect it to a working PC to retrieve your data. There are other options such as installing a PCI IDE controller card although your BIOS might not support booting from the hard drive attached to such a card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back