ide drives

Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer works excellently when it actually boots up. However, 90% of the time, the computer opens to a black screen that says "detecting ide drives". It also says "press DEL to enter setup" (which nearly never works).

I have opened the computer and have found no disconnected or loose cables. I am not technical so if you choose to help me please keep it in terms i would understand.

Thank you so much.

what are your computer spec's? how old is the computer? is it the original hard drive? you should download your hard drive makers diagnostic software and test the hard drive.

if you are unsure what hardware is on your machine you can download a freeware app called SIW and run it.

http://www3.sympatico.ca/gtopala/

sorry, but i don't know what specs are. and it is the origional everything. i think it is 1998.

also, what battery could be dying?

if that is the original hard drive ti si 8 years old and probably on it's last legs.

there is a battery on the MB little round thing
could be down at the lower right corner if bad you lose bios settings for board and gotta reset

Uhm, just let it go for a while and see how things go. Maybe after it "detects" them once, the problem will be fixed. Let me know how you go.

Regards,

Korrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back