IDE Troubles. NFI why...

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is seriously the most f***ed up problem i have seen,

i had two pc's running

AMD 3000+ and a AMD 3500+

both systems running 4 ide devices,

i upgrade the 3500+ box to a new dual core system, and thats fine, i the take the 3500+ still attached to the mobo, and put it into the other case that i removed the 3000+ and mobo, plugged everything in, and when i turn it on, it says AMD 3500+ aith 2000000 wateva 2GB ram is, but then it doesnt display the detecting of ide drives. so i turn pc off, unplug both ide cables from the mainboard, and turn the pc on, its fine, then it displays the detecting of the ide drives, and of course, detects none, and says DISK BOOT FAILURE. which was expected. so i turn pc off, put both ide cables back in, and it doesnt work, doesnt display the IDE detecting and doesnt move past that screen, and takes almost a minute to get into bios.....

i have no idea what the f*** is going on but everything was working before i replace the 3000+ and mobo with a dif 3500+ and mobo, i cant see why IT WOULDNT WORK...

and sometimes it comes up, IDE BIOS DETECTING ARRAY. all raid is disabled, SATA ports are DISABLED, ide is set to AUTO, also tried setting it to ATA 66 still no fix, tried taking out mobo battery and tried loading all defaults, no fix, the only thing i think is somehow the IDE CONTROLLER has blown up, just taking it from one case to another,

Any ideas????

If your jumpers are set to cable select change them to accurately reflect Master & Slave. Also consider trying a new IDE cable.

i cant see how its a jumper issue as these devices were working fine before replacing the mobo, and the replacement mobo had 4 ide devices running on it.

The jumper suggestion was incase one motherboard was more sensitive to that than the other. It was also a gentle way of suggesting you check the jumpers. If the controller is ok, the jumpers are ok, the drives are ok, and the ribbon cable are ok, then there is nothing else that can be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back