Ideal Temp ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorMan

Anyone have any input on what the ideal temp for a P4 2.4 GHZ would be, not overclocked, currently i run about 35 degrees C on avg. Just wondering if there was any hard data on whats what.

I also have 4 fans going in my system including intel heat sink fan.

Thanks!

That sounds superb to me. Is that with the on chip sensor? I bet that's a noisy computer. If it were mine I'd get some slower, quieter fans and let it get up to 40C.

That sounds good to me to. I guess that's at idle? Mine runs about 38-40 at idle, and about 50 or so under load.

35*C sounds really good.. But to be honest with you - If it is working for long periods of time - Then you must be doing something right with the temperature. :)

RE

Yep 32-35 at idle usually, 40-42 high load like gaming like battlefield 1942. I have the on board mb probe and cpu probe and fan monitors and the asus pc probe software running to watch on my second monitor as im doing other tasks such as gaming or programming/compiling. It is pretty loud system with all the fans going :) But since i just added a second monitor today to my video card after getting a DVI to VGA adapater it might heat up a bit more! :) Thanks for the input, I was just curious to what other users were getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back