IdeChnDr.sys blue screen error

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have OS Windows XP SP3...

now my problem is that, whenever i run my comp, a blue screen displaying a system failure regarding a file name "IdeChnDr.sys" displays..
I searched about the problem on the net, and finally came to the conclusion that uninstalling Intel Application Accelerator or upgrading its driver fixes the problem...

But here is a problem again that i cannot get access even to the OS..the blue screen gets displayed even before the explorer is loaded..and sometimes the system hangs even while loading windows..
I cannot even start the windows in Safe Mode..it hangs in between after loading a no. of files...

I also got to know that deleting the file multiplies the problem...

Please, give me any options about how to solve the problem...

Formatting the drives may not help it...

Thanks, for any answers, in advance.....

Hi kamal0808

Have you tried the option "Last known good configuration" from the F8 menu (the same menu that Safe Mode is on)? If that doesn't work, you could always just remove your hard drive and pop it into another computer and uninstall the application - do not simply delete the file!.

There's been many many problems with that application. Lets hope that you're problems go away once you uninstall it (at least they shouldn't get any worse lol).

Let us know how it goes...

Spyder_1386 :)

Nope, the "last known good configuration" option did'nt work either-it displays the same blue screen.

I also tried to work on the drive in another computer, but it did not work at all, same prob there too...

Did you make the drive a slave on the other computer? That means you have to boot up using that computer's HDD's operating system and not yours. It wont be able to boot up by itself even on another computer.

gosh..i sorted out the problem myself.

just had to repair the windows using its Original CD.

Now it works better than before...(No blue screens or hang ups)

Thanks for your efforts..!!

Did you end up uninstalling the application or did the Chkdsk just repair Windows and that's it? I'm glad you got it working again :)

Uninstalling the application was not at all possible as Windows was'nt starting at all..
Secondly, i ran Chkdsk too but again it hanged up after checking 72% of my disk..

Running the Recovery Console also did not help.

Finally, i started the Windows setup and came to the point where it detects previous versions of Windows...
I just selected my version and chose to repair it, it then deleted some of the Windows malfunctioned files and kinda installed new copies of all those files.

It took me about half an hour to do this all..

Ok thanks for letting us know how you fixed it! Now, people with the same problem might just be able to solve it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back