idechndr.sys problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all thanks for youre time,
im having a reocurring problem with this PC thats here with me, have read a few threads but they seem to be of no help as i have tried to do as they say.

Original error message:
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

STOP 0X00000004

idechndr.sys Address F947EB3B base at F9479000, DATESTAMP 3D99eac3

This PC is a acer desktop, running XP Home 256MB ram, 40GB HDD with sp2 updates in place. The problem im having is that i cant get it to boot into safe mode? to either rollback the "idechndr.sys" driver or make any changes to the PC at all. Have tried booting to safe mode but it just hangs and does nothing over the time period of 2 hours(Lol!), have tried booting into other options "Safe Mode" with command prompt etc..with no luck there either.
Tried a sys recovery that did not work as it did nothing after selecting the "1 c:\" option which then asks for a admin pass which is not needed.

Can add more info if needed but i think you get the story

If anyone has come across this particular problem, please holla back as i'd like to get this PC back to its master before i drop kick its 256MB running sorry _ss out the door. =). Thanks

All three dumps point to the IdeChnDr.sys which is of the Intel Application Accelerator.

This file is part of the Intel® Application Accelerator, which was a hard disk performance enhancing driver for certain Intel chipsets. The problems may also be related to bad sectiors on the disk, which could explain the specific location of your problem, though this is probably just another symptom of the problem with an out of date driver.

1. Run a harddrive diagnostics tool.

2. More impotantly see if Intel has an update for their application accelerator.

You're welcome and I am certainly still new at trouble shooting, but researching is your friend. :) I kept coming across the Intel chipsets and the Intel Application Accelarator file. You may want to Google these terms yourself as well as IdeChnDr.sys

Let us know how it works out.

Hi hows things, well i tried almost everything(everything that i know about PC's) to get this PC up and running without having to do a reload which was my main goal here. Apparently i had corrupt system files says a friend. With the reload of windows i've sorted it out, all i had to do from there was update all the drivers from the acer website. I dont understand why Acer would not give the buyer a recovery CD? even though they have a recovery partition which i now have deleted to gain some more HDD space. Would have been nice to know i could have fixed it without the reload but hey its fixed now thats all that matters i suppose. Once again thank you all heaps(Route44..), for the rapid response to my dilemma =). See y'all next error message.Taranaki Boy

Thanks for the updated response. I learned something from what you did. It was drivers after all. Glad it is fixed! Good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back