TechSpot

iDefrag 5

By Malraux
May 8, 2015
Post New Reply
  1. Hi,

I'm new, so I hope I'm posting in the right place. I downloaded the app above, but when the dl finished I got a iDefragDemo.zip file. Is this only a Demo then?

2. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Posts: 6,596   +335

When you say "app" did you do this on an iPad/iPhone or ??

3. Malraux

Malraux TS Rookie Topic Starter

No, on my computer.

4. learninmypc

Ok, my personal recommendation would be to dump it & get Mydefrag

5. Malraux

Sorry, I definitely wasn't clear here. I thought iDefrag was only for Macs, which is my case.

6. learninmypc

Ok, since you're new I inderstand. I'm not familiar with Mac so I'll have to let somebody else take it from here. Next time you post, please include OS, name,model & such so the helper(s) will have more info & good luck & welcome to TechSpot :)

7. Malraux

Ok, thanks. iMac with MacOs Yosemite.

8. mike1959

mike1959 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,026   +51

Hi Malraux, I just had a look at this software, the download is a .dmg file, at 7.3Mb.
    The usual way of things is a free trial for a limited time or scans, to prove if it's suitable for you, then you would buy it, if it is what you were looking for.
    I didn't see a .zip file though.

9. Malraux

So it's really just a demo file. This is the zip file I got : upload_2015-5-10_13-50-14.png
    which I didn't open. Perhaps it goes into .dmg "mode" after. But the "real" iDefrag 5 exists out there. How come you only have the demo?