***** Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Smoker

I really feel like an ***** for having to ask this, especially considering I've done it before.

I'm using XP, and I can't figure out how to get users to stop logging out automatically after a period of idle time. Can anyone help?

No such thing as an ***** question, especially if I don't know the answer either.
Logging out of what - A website? A user account?

I do believe that The Smoker is referring to windows logging out of a user account after a period of time. Though I can't remember how to do it as I don't have multiple accounts on my computer. :D
I think you have to go into control panel and then user accounts but I am not sure.

see this KB article

it is relative to Win2k, but give it a try -- in reverse -- be sure it is NOT active :)

edit: found this
This can be done in Windows 2000 / XP / .NET using Group Policy. Control Panel, Administrative Tools > local security policy > local policies -> security options

look for "Automatically log off users" and/or "Amount of idle time required before disconnecting session"

I check out the admin tools, still haven't found anything.

And yes it's the User Accounts that I'm speaking in reference to.

I remember it being relatively simple to accomplish this, but for the life of me I can't find it anywhere. It's not in the user settings or, to my knowledge, anywhere else in the control panel.

Try the screen saver options, make sure you don't have it set to require password to wake up.

hmmmm

Have you tried looking in the local policy/ security policy, i think there is an option for auto logoff in there, i cant check for you because im on a work pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back