idmBroker.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings. I've been using Internet Download Manager few months ago and I uninstalled it. But when I was trying to re-install IDM, the system popped out a window, saying "Windows cannot find idmBroker.exe" , and then installation halted. I tried to download the installer from various websites, even cleaned leftover files from previous installation, but none of these helps. Can anyone tell me how do I deal with this? Thank you.

Were you using the trial version?
The trial period might have run out so that you would have to buy it to carry on using it.
Otherwise it's possible that it did not uninstall correctly, so you could try Revo uninstaller, then install again.

Yup, I was using a trial version beforehand, it expired and I uninstalled IDM. But since then I have gotten a cracked version from my friend, so I thought I might install IDM again, but the installation was not even complete prior to the idmBroker.exe error. Yeah I tried Revo uninstaller, cleared some junk files, but the problem persists. It gave me a big headache there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back